Vintage reclaimed communist-era fluorescent lights.
Designed 1950, produced 1960/1970s by VEB Leuchtenbau Wittenberg/Paul Mrosek KG Wittenberg.
Beautifully manufactured in glass and cast-aluminium they are explosion, dust, gas and water proof. They were used in petro-chemical plants, mines and power stations predominantly in East Germany, though some were exported to other communist block countries.
Completely re-wired with new fluorescent electrics. The original asbestos seals have been replaced with new bespoke rubber seals, the interior frames have been powdercoated in grey.
Supplied fitted with 2 no. T8 18w extra warm white tubes. 1-10v dimmable.
Can also be supplied as pendants mounted on steel ‘Y’ profile wires, please see image.
- Supplied fully assembled and tested to BS EN 60598